District Election Office Valsad:
This Office serves as an important link between the Electoral Machinery & Citizens. Conducting free and fair Elections and error free Electoral Rolls continues to remain the primary and priority areas of the Branch, for which this branch looks after the preparation of Electoral Roll, preparation of elector’s photo-identity card (EPIC), reorganization and rationalization of polling stations etc.
Elections are conducted according to the constitutional provisions, supplemented by laws made by Parliament. The major laws are Representation of the People Act, 1950, which mainly deals with the preparation and revision of electoral rolls, the Representation of the People Act, 1951 which deals, in detail, with all aspects of conduct of elections and post election disputes.
Collector & District Election Officer is over all Controlling Authority of all the elections in the District. He is Returning Officer for Parliamentary Constituency and officer not below the rank of Deputy Collectors are designated as Returning Officers for Legislative Assembly Constituencies. Generally Returning Officers for Legislative Assembly Constituencies are designated as Assistant Returning Officer for Parliamentary Constituency election.
For conducting Lok Sabha Election Collector is usually appointed as Returning Officer, and Deputy Collector’s are appointed as Asst. Returning Officers to assist the Collector.
For conducting election of Legislative Assembly, Collector is over all controlling authority as a District Election Officer and Deputy Collector & Sub Divisional Officers are appointed as Returning Officer for each Legislative Assembly Constituencies.
- Issuance of Photo-identity cards to voters.
- Corrections pertaining to Identity cards.
- Making of duplicate photo I.D cards.
- Issuance of attested copies of Electoral Rolls on demand to public.
- Maintain the record regarding elections.
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of Ballot Boxes, Electronic voting machines, steel trunks and
- previous record of Electoral Rolls.
- Stationary depot where stationary pertaining to the elections is printed.
- To efficiently conduct the election to the Assembly Constituency of which he is the Returning Officer.
- To accept and scrutinize the nomination forms of the candidates.
- To allot the election symbols to the contesting candidates.
- To publish the notice regarding the election.
- To prepare a list of contesting candidates.
- Printing of ballot papers and to forward the postal ballots to the service electors.
- Deputing the polling officers to the polling booths with the election materials.
- To supervise the functions of the polling officers in his Assembly Constituency on the day of poll and forward the necessary report to the Election Commission of India and the Chief Electoral Officer.
- To get the polling completed during the election in a fair and just manner and as per the statutory provisions.
|CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER|
|SEARCH YOUR NAME IN VOTER’S LIST|
|ONLINE VOTERS REGISTRATION|
|For RO And AERO Contact Details|
|Voter HelpLine Android|
|Voter HelpLine Apple|
|Gujarat State Election Helpline Number||
|Vidhansabha Election 2022 toll Free No-||1800-233-2610|
|Declaration( Assembly Election – 2022) Valsad||Vidhanshabha Elections Circulars 2022|
|Postal Ballet form for Absentee Voter||
Download in English form12DE , Download in Gujarati form12DG
Notice for AVES (Absentee Voters on Essential Service)
|CEO Gujarat Whatsapp Helpline No-||
|DEO Valsad App|
|Voter Turnout APPs
The application is available on both the Google play store: Click Here and Apple App Store: Click Here
Head:Deputy District Election Officer Valsad:
Election Branch, Jilla Seva Sadan, Valsad, 396001
Email – dydeo-val[at]gujarat[dot]gov[dot]in
Phone Number: +91 2632 244276
VOTER HELPLINE NO: 1950
Twitter :District Election Officer Valsad @DeoValsad
Twitter :Dy. District Election Officer Valsad @dydeo25
Twitter :Dy. District Election Officer Valsad @dydeo25gmailco1