Mid-Day Meal Branch
Mid day meal scheme was started in 1984 in Gujarat. In this scheme the share of central government is of 75% and the share of State government is of 25%. it involves provision for free lunch on working days for children in primary & upper primary classes in government aided, local body school.
- To provide hot cooked meal to children.
- To improve nutritional status of children.
- To encourage poor children belonging to disadvantaged sections, to attend school more regularly & help them concentrate on classroom activities, thereby increasing the enrollment, retention & attendance rates.
- To Decrease the drop out ratio of the students in school.
- The subsidiary aim is to provide the employment in Rural Sector.
For more details Contact MDM Branch, 3rd Floor, New Collector office.